6.06.2013

...What have you been listening to? (Radiation City, Cass McCombs, Purity Ring, The National)

...What have you been enjoying this week?

I asked Ashley at Tender Loving Empire.
(Note: I have no objectivity with TLE. I LOVE them. Great roster of bands, great art, great store, great people. Next time you're at Powell's Books in Portland, skip a block over to TLE's little nook. You'll love it. At least I do.)

- "Oh boy," she said.
"Okay, I'll give you three recommendations!"

Okay!
I said with equal enthusiasm.

- "Radiation City -Animals in the Median. Cass McCombs - Wit's End. Purity Ring - Shrines.

Excellent.
I said.

- "Oh! I have to add one more! I just put on The National's new one. First spin."

I haven't heard it yet either.
I said.
I will have to call back next week and see what you think.
____

So friendly. Enthusiastic. And good taste. Off to check out Cass McCombs. And if you haven't heard TLE artists Radiation City, Typhoon, or Y La Bamba...you really should treat yourself to a listen now.

Happy Thorsday, people and creatures of the forests, cities, towns, and oceans!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments!