3.25.2016

JORGE LUIS.

Jorge Borges stories and essays on a Friday night.

Deafheaven on any night.

Happy weekend.


I keep Borges's  Labyrinths by my bedside because his essays and stories are some of my very favourites to read and re-read and re-re-read. Sometimes I will reach over, stars bright in alive night and page open to one of his; knowing I won't make it all the way through, but knowing that there are few writers I would rather fall asleep to and have influence my dreams than the Argentine master of labyrinthine metaphysical narratives on space, time, and existence. 

Last one: Asterion, his short and moving first person account of a tragic historic-ish figure whose identity is not revealed until the final sentences...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments!