4.29.2015

LOST IN TRANSLATION, PT. DEUX.

DADDY!!

I sauntered down the hallway immediately-ish and peeked in.

Good night buddy.
I said.
Again. Everything still good?

You didn't say "shut the door" tonight.
he said, half-sitting up in bed.

What do you mean?
I asked.

You didn't say "shut the door" like you do every night. So can you say it please?

Umm...
I said, and then it dawned.
You mean "je t'adore?" What I say to you every night?

He thought:
Yeah. You didn't say that to me tonight.

Okay...
I said.
Do you remember what "je t'adore" means in French? It means "I love you." That's what I'm saying to you every night.

Long, intense thought-processing. Deep breath.

Well,
he said.
I'm going to pretend you're saying "shut the door." And also, will you please close my door?"

Oui.
I bowed, pulled his door more closed, and sneaked in one more je t'adore as I left. Again.

J'aime les petits moments.

Bonsoir.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments!