3.12.2013

BOB DYLAN AND THE FLUID DYNAMICS OF RELATIONAL HIERARCHIES AND THE COMPLEX NATURE OF THEIR EVOLUTION AS PROTEGES BECOME PEERS.




The Fluid Dynamics of Relational Hierarchies and the Complex Nature of Their Evolution as Protégés Become Peers // March 10, 2013

VISIONS OF JOHANNES.

Daddy, what is this music? I don't like it.

- WHAT! It's Neil Young. What do you not like about it?

I want to listen to Bob Dylan.

- Okay okay, I'll put on a Bob song.

I SNEAK ON DAVID BOWIE'S 'Changes.'
- Do you like this Bob Dylan song?

Uhh! Is this Bob Dylan? Is this not Bob Dylan?

- Okay, fine. I was trying to trick you. Here's some Bob.

I PUT ON SIMON & GARFUNKEL'S 'The Boxer.'
- What do you think of this Bob Dylan song, Johannes?

Is this Bob Dylan?
(huge grin)
Or John Lennon?

- Johannes! Good guess! But no, it's not John Lennon. It's Simon & Garfunkel.

Oh. Can we listen to Bob Dylan now?

- Okay. What do you like about Bob Dylan?

His Bob Dylan voice.

- You like his voice?

Yeah. I like his Bob Dylan voice.

I STICK ON 'BLOWIN' IN THE WIND.' WE LISTEN INTENTLY, DRIVING.
Is he saying 'blowing in the wind?'

- Yep. That's what he's singing about. Do you like this song?

Yeah. I like the blowing in the wind song.

THE SUN LOWERS ITSELF. SONG ENDS.
Can we listen to another Bob Dylan song?

- Yeah. Which one?

Umm...another Bob Dylan song.

- Okay. Here goes.

WE GO WITH 'DON'T THINK TWICE, IT'S ALRIGHT.'
The sun and moon prepare to trade places for a while, and I squeeze my hand back for a squeeze and remember what a wonderful world it is once in a while everyday.

Especially when Bob is soundtracking things.

Bob Dylan
Blowin' in the Wind / Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
1963



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments!