4.08.2013

The Third Most Beautiful Woman in the World

I have started telling our children portions of the Iliad (the epic tale about the siege of Troy, and the accompanying theatrics and drama toward the end).

"Helen was the wife of Menelaus, and she was the most beautiful woman in the world. Then Paris - "

My daughter interrupts with the indignant righteousness of truth.

- "Daddy!! Helen is NOT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD...Mama is. You are incorrect. Mama is the most beautiful woman in the world."

I hung my head, and started over again.

"Helen was the wife of Menelaus, and she was the third most beautiful woman in the world. Then Paris came along..."

I continued, and my heart was warm from the admonishment.

Such a great story. Can't wait to get to The Odyssey.

____

Greatest Lyrics Ever

I wanna remember to remember to forget you forgot me /

I'm gonna look out the window of my color T.V.

- Modest Mouse
A Different City
Building Something Out of Nothing

2000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments!