4.09.2013

Mr. Silverstein's Alligator (I Don't Know Where Your Favourite Place to Read is, but I Guess if I Had to Choose One Place in Particular then I'd Choose...Anywhere)


Self-portrait //// Camas, WA //// April 9, 2013

The Vow.


I told Becca, via cellular telephone, that I was just leaving the coffeehouse, that I would hurry and not dilly-dally, then as I was gathering my things to depart, I looked over and there was a guy on his laptop scrolling through fonts on a Typography website. 

Regarding things I get excited about: Typography

So I started to stop and chat, and I KNOW, I just know he would have been delighted, but then I remembered my promise. I stole one more glance - I think he was testing out a sans-serif take on Bodoni, which of course you know is kind of crazy. And crazy-cool.

So I looked, and then walked past him without a backward glance. I'll never see him again. That's fine, I guess. 

I drove home, and listened to Velvet Underground, and my son tried attacking me with a light saber today but it's not even a real one so I was fine.

Overheard.


"I have a lot of self-control. Until somebody makes me mad."

- young man, late teens, Alice Cooper hair, casually monologuing his life philosophy to another passenger on bus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments!