10.03.2014

THE HIGH COST OF HIGHER EDUCATION.

Daddy, look!
he said, as he chased down the clinking dime that had dropped from my pocket at the supermarket checkout.
I found money!

That just fell out of my wallet.
I said.

I know!
he waved it excitedly. But I found it! I'm going to buy something with it!

Oh.
I said.
Like what?

I DON'T want to save it for college.
he said.
And not for university either, because I don't like those yet. So can buy something with it? Can I buy something for Halloween for (my friend) Kyan, like a witch hat? Because I definitely don't want to save it for college.

Well...
I said not unkindly.
You haven't really paid anything for rent this month, or ever. So maybe now would be a good time to start.

Okay.
he said.
But I don't want it to go to college.

Well.
I said, taking it.
I think we'll put it in your college fund.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments!