2.24.2008

OSCAR'S ACADEMY AWARDS.

An incredibly stylish fellow with red plastic sunglasses and a huge furry coat collar holds up a fairly cute young toddler lass at an Academy Awards party.
Academy Awards at my sister's place.


I believe in intense competition and am not above cheating if that's what it takes when I'm with people I respect. Which is usually what it takes, though invariably I get caught. So when I found myself falling behind my sis-in-law Rachel in our predictions competition, I realized I might be forced to start cheating, which made me sad. I didn't want to be forced into that choice, but if she didn't want me to do so, she shouldn't have started winning.

Also, she was semi-gracious and I was not, so she had everybody rooting for her. That was difficult. Really hard.

Fortunately, I came through in the end, battling to a stalemate, which was disappointing, due to the fact that I had been boasting and behaving arrogantly most of the evening. Mostly because I felt invincible in my stunningly-hip choice of attire.

Although I am a firm Coen brothers fan, gotta say I really wouldn't have had issue with Michael Clayton beating out No Country for Old Men for Best Pic.

Our daughter did not enjoy the show much. But she had a delightful time trying to steal her cousin's toys.
____

Best Pic
No Country for Old Men

Actress
Marion Cotillard, yum. La Vie en Rose

Actor
Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood

Actor, Supporting
Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men

Actress, Supporting
Tilda Swinton, Michael Clayton

Director
Joel & Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men

Screenplay, Original
Juno

Screenplay, Adapted
No Country for Old Men

Animated Feature
Ratatouille


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments!