4.10.2013

Learn Something New Every Day of Your Existence (like PHP or Jabbascript)



History in the Making (Every Superhero Has an Origin Story)

Inception (In Superhero Parlance We Might Call This 'Origin,' and in the Mind of a Young Katarina Witt There Was Once a First Time She Gazed Upon the Ice and Fell in Love)


The Vow.
I told Becca, via cellular telephone, that I was just leaving the coffeehouse, that I would hurry and not dilly-dally, then as I was gathering my things to depart, I looked over and there was a guy on his laptop scrolling through fonts on a Typography website. 

Regarding things I get excited about: Typography. So I started to stop and chat, and I KNOW, I just know he would have been delighted, but then I remembered my promise. I stole one more glance - I think he was testing out a sans-serif take on Bodoni, which of course you know is kind of crazy. And crazy-cool. 

So I looked, and then walked past him without a backward glance. I'll never see him again. That's fine, I guess. I drove home, and listened to Velvet Underground, and my son tried attacking me with a light saber today but it's not even a real one so I was fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments!